Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Orange Garage



The day will come when no level of organization will be able to contain the junk in my garage and I will have to start thinning things out. I thought I would start documenting some of my creations in preparation for that inevitable day and maybe take comfort in knowing that they still exist in some share-able form. It makes me think of other creations and projects from my youth that have long since been clutter controlled by my mother and are probably buried in a landfill somewhere. This will also be a nice way to share what I have been up to for those who occasionally ask "what have you been working on lately?".
I thought it would be fun to post current projects along with some description of the processes and methods used in building which may at least be of interest to the technically curious. In addition I think I will start sharing older projects I have completed. Some were well documented and may still be lying around somewhere, others (the landfill variety) are nothing more than old blurry photos at this point but still may be worth sharing. For those with zero interest in anything that happens in a garage, I will probably still be sharing pics from recent adventures and whatever else my lovely wife and I have been up to, even though she has that pretty well chronicled on her own blog http://miafran.blogspot.com. With any luck I may be able to inspire a few to ditch their computers for an evening in the garage and begin their own creations, and hopefully spark some discussion for improvements and new ideas. Thanks for reading!
-Rich

2 comments:

  1. You're blogging, you're blogging, you blog!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever seen Toy Story? You are the Sid of cyclery. You grab a welding torch and bicycles everywhere tremble and cower. Evil Genius.

    ReplyDelete